I’ve been looking for a fun, creative way to get the word out about my recently released fantasy epic novels, Gideon’s Dawn, and its sequel Waymaker. And a few mornings ago, it hit—BAM—just like that:
Your chance to win $250 of fun, easy money…or at the very least, a free copy of Gideon’s Dawn and Waymaker!
Here’s how it works:
1. To enter the contest, all you have to do is grab your camcorder and create a homemade video promoting Gideon’s Dawn and Waymaker, and upload it to YouTube.com.
2. Send me a link to your uploaded video at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name and mailing address.
3. Tell all your friends to view your video and leave a comment (the more views and comments, the better your chances of winning).
4. That’s it.
Fun, right? So simple I love it! Now, here are contest rules. Follow these closely, for if you don’t your video will be disqualified:
1. The video must be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length.
2. You must prominently display a copy of both Gideon’s Dawn and Waymaker in the video. (If you don’t yet own a copy, you can purchase them here: http://www.thepearlsongrefounding.com/)
3. The video must clearly encourage viewers to visit http://www.thepearlsongrefounding.com/, where they can buy the books.
4. The video cannot contain any video footage or other material that is copyright-protected, libelous, or otherwise disparaging of any person, organization or people group. (In other words, make it original, and keep it positive and clean.)
5. You may enter as many times as you wish—just make another video!
6. Deadline for entry is November 1st, 2008.
Your video can be fun & wacky, or serious and thoughtful—make it your own. Winners will be ranked and chosen based on creativity, originality, persuasiveness (i.e. Does it make me want to buy the books?), and the number of views and comments on your video. Winners will be announced no later than November 30th.
The top 10 videos will receive free autographed copies of both Gideon’s Dawn and Waymaker. And the top video will receive a $250 grand prize, and the video will be placed on the trilogy website: http://www.thepearlsongrefounding.com/.
For more information, or questions, leave a comment here (just click the comments link below). You’ve been looking for a chance to go nuts with your creative side. Well, here it is! Ready? ACTION!
"...a work of extreme depth and breadth of vision."
-Christian Fiction Review
Michael D. Warden has been working professionally as a writer and editor since 1989. After several years as Managing Editor for a large publishing house in Colorado, he stepped into the adventure of writing full time. In addition to his fantasy trilogy The Pearlsong Refounding, he has written several non-fiction books, and contributed to more than 150 other books and magazines.